Not to brag but I often find myself on the receiving end of the compliment i.e.“You smell Amazing”. The strange part is that I wear cologne only on formal occasions because sadly most scents make my head hurt incessantly. Yet I always seem to smell good naturally. Its because over the years I have started to appreciate and embrace the natural scent of my body. With making little lifestyle tweaks, almost anyone can improve on their natural body scent.
How to Always Smell Good Naturally
Smelling good naturally is really no rocket science, you just have to incorporate few lifestyle tweaks into your daily routine. Let’s get started
1. Alkalize Your Body
A healthy body operates with a pH balance of around 7.365 which is a little alkaline. Research has proven that diseases can’t survive in an alkaline environment. The alkalinity of your body not just cleanses acidic toxins out of your body but it also improves the natural odor of it. Our bodies only need 20% of acid composing foods and the rest of 80% should be alkaline composing foods.
Now how to get your pH Alkalized
- Drinking Lots of Water
- Have Lots of Fruits
- Lemon/Lime Water
- Chia seeds
- Eat Leafy Green Vegetables like Spinach and Kale(Eating them sauteed is best)
- Beans, Green Peas
- Herbs like Parsley and Ginger
Watch out for Acidic Foods
Excessive consumption of dairy, red meat, spicy food, SUGAR, processed foods, coffee and tobacco will not just mess with the pH balance of your body but also cause bad body odor.
2. Drink Lots of Water
Drinking lots of water is an obvious way of smelling good. Water flushes out toxins and support natural detoxification. Add lemon to a glass of water to freshen up your breath.
3. Shower Properly
Take bath regularly and properly. Make sure to scrub the back of your neck and area behind ears. I can’t tell you the number of times I have hugged women and noticed the gunk stuck on the back of their necks. Now I only do mwa mwa (the cheek kiss) without hugging 😉
4. Keep Your Skin Moisturized
Moisturizing not only keeps your skin wrinkle free, it also helps make the scent stay longer. After you shower, spritz perfume on a freshly moisturized skin. What it does is create a layer of scent and the fragrance stays for longer period. If you absolutely cannot wear perfume, rub lemon juice or coconut oil onto your moisturized arm pits, elbows and under the knees. Lemon and coconut oil are natural body deodorants.
5. DIY Natural Deodorant
Mix equal parts of cornstarch, baking soda and coconut oil in a jar and use in place of a deodorant. It works just as good as any chemical based deodorant.
Another inexpensive natural deodorant is Alum Powder(Fitkari). Rub Firkari onto your arm pits after you take shower. It keeps you odorless even in extreme summers.
6. Have Parsley Tea
Parsley has anti-bacterial properties that helps fight bacteria causing odor in the body. It also has a good source of chlorophyll that has alkalizing properties.
Make parsley tea by steeping one teaspoon of chopped parsley in one cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Strain and then let it cool. Drink it for two times a day to fight body odor
7. Miscellaneous Tips for People Who Sweat Excessively
- Tomatoes have antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Incorporate tomatoes in a salad or have half a cup of tomato juice everyday. It will help control excessive sweating
- Avoid spicy foods
- Avoid over consumption of foods high in Sulfur
- Strong body odor can also be a sign of poor gut health. Consume probiotic rich foods such as yogurt
- Take Bath regularly and keep a deodorant with you at all times
- Wash clothes regularly
- Wear more cotton
- Do not wear same pair of shoes for two days in a row
- Do not wear tight clothing
- Keep yourself dry
Smelling great without the need of perfumes is not only a sign of good health but it also makes people perceive you to be ten times more attractive. Only a Goddess can do that 😉 xoxo